"It is a token of health and gentle characteristics when women of high thoughts and accomplishments love to sew; especially as they are never more at home with their own hearts than while so occupied." ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne

Friday, July 9, 2010

Sneak Peek......Simply Primitives... posting...July 15th

Simply Primitives July 15th

Here is just a quick little sample of the items I will be posting on Simply Primitives on July 15th. To all my blogger buddies, you get to see all my goodies a few days before they are posted! I have been wanting to make a primitive doll for awhile now....so Miss Emily was created!! She had to have a best friend too, welcome Miss Millie!! I have also used one of those lucky primitive finds and made a crow make do, by a pattern from Chris from Walnut Ridge Primitives. Thank you Chris your patterns are wonderful! Also, I was doing the "happy dance" when Schneeman Folkart decided to make patterns!! So here is my latest creation Little Chair Cat......I have seen these in many antique shops, and was just thrilled to be able to make my own!! I hope this finds you enjoying a tall glass of iced tea and staying cool!! We have finally reached the "hot" stage here in the Pacific Northwest...it is warm, but I will never complain!! We had our fill of cold grey rainy days here for awhile. I have been busy "nursing" my poor hanging plants, my green thumb has been tested this year!! Lets just hope we have some blue sky here for awhile, it is truely lovely!! 

Happy Primitives to you and Yours!!! 

13 comments:

A Primitive Homestead said...

All of your creations are amazing. My green thumb has been tested to this year. It has been 90 to 102 here. Thank God it is raining tonight and cooler.

old crow said...

Thank you Lara for your kind words!! Your garden is just lovely, especially love the garden swing!! I can see swinging in that with your Grandchildren, wonderful!! Good luck with your green thumb!!

WalnutRidgePrimitives said...

Mona-
Everything looks wonderful! Thanks for the mention...You always do a fantastic job on the crows!
Enjoy your sunny weather and have a great weekend!
Wishing you the best,
Chris

old crow said...

Chris, thank you so much for the kind words!! Ya know I love your patterns!! Looking forward to enjoying my Frakter Bird Box!! Have a wonderful week end!! Hugs to you both!!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I am so loving your items that you made...yeah I am loving the weather here too..love the northwest...it is glorious today..68..:)

Finegan Antiques said...

All your creations are wonderful. I especially love the crow which is natural since I adore the Fall. It's been hot and humid in the Midwest and my plants are confused. They like the humidity but and not really happy with 90 degree heat

Donna

old crow said...

Thank you so very much ladies! The northwest is just beautiful today!! My favorite primitives to make are Harvest!! Bring out the orange and black paints....I am ready to start crafting!!! Thank you again for your kind comments they really touch my heart!! Have a wonderful week end!!!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Love all your new items Mona! Aren't the Schneeman patterns fun?? I can't wait to get mine made too, but there is always so much to do and so little time!!! Wish I didn't need sleep!! LOL
Happy Creating and Hugs~
Julie

old crow said...

Thanks Julie!! Sew many patterns.....sew little time!!! My time creating has become so precious!! Busy Grandma!!

Unknown said...

Hi, Mona! Everything looks so prim and proper! Fun to see the 'sneak preview'~ Thanks for sharing:)

The Holland Family said...

Thank you Lynda! Your kind words inspire me!! Now another trip to your lovely fabrics room is much needed!! One of my favorite spots to get my fabrics!

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Ah, it's all so wonderful! Your dolls came out darling. Your first time making them?? Great job!

old crow said...

Hi Angie, thank you for the kind words!! I have made many primitive dolls, just haven't made one for a long time! It is so fun to create, each one comes out different with their own personality!! Love making them!! Been busy making goodies for my sweet grandbabies!! :) Hugs to you!! Mona